I hate that word.
.. it denotes Mediocrity, Absence of excitement, Flavorlessness, Blah, Boredom.
My life is not roller-coaster type exciting, its actually relatively calm, and calm is good.. but its also filled with extraordinary things.
Here are just a few of the things that are not "Normal" in my life.
- I had all of my darling children at home, with all the excitement, blood, tears, noise, pain, bliss, and crazy feel goods that go along with that. Ever want to know how powerful you really are? Do this! It will rock your world, and make you know you can do anything.
- I was home schooled.
- I knew my husband for 10 years before we got married. But I knew the first day I met him that he was important to my life story.
- I have a large amount of connections. I have people for everything.. I know someone in almost every state and country, and in almost every profession. I don't know everything, or even close, but I probably know who to ask!
- I've always known I had odd skills and challenges. especially when it comes to healing.
- The wider my circle of friends gets the smaller my world gets.
- I Love health foods and non chemical things and I will talk your ear off about the evils of pharmaceuticals, but I also love the occasional cigarette, glass of wine, and candy bar, and I'm addicted to coke and coffee.
- I hate shoes
- And pants.
- I feel like I was born in the wrong era.
I thrive on extraordinary, I dig exceptional. I get high on other people being crazy excited about things. I adore passion.
There's no place for normal in all that. No "median range" in exceptional. The bell curve is for suckers.
And my dirty little secret is..
I have shoved myself into "normal" for far too long. I've made sacrifices on the alter of " getting by". Step by step that's coming to an end.
Exciting? yes. Terrifying? Hell yes!
Necessary, in the extreme though.
How do you feel about Normal?
Someone told me the other day that my 6 year old was just not normal.. my response? "Thank GOD!"