Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Moving Through the Void.

This is a short little note before I do my bigger New Years post tomorrow. This is about the space between the end of last year and the beginning of this one.

I subscribe to a few different trains of thought Re: Astrology and how it applies to our lives. I do know that we would be remiss to think that the pull of the moon, and the way the stars are interacting with our planet, wouldn't effect us. But I also think that there are so many other parts of the whole picture. Western Astrology, everyone is familiar with. In my case I'm a Leo, and I have a strong Virgo presence also, this is pretty evident when you get to know me. I fit that type. However, I also dabble in Eastern Astrology. their Zodiac is based on the year you were born, which makes me a monkey, which also fits in with my personality very clearly. Give me a minute and this will all make sense.

2012 is the year of the Dragon. Dragon years are VERY powerful, they are huge years for change, and dealing with fears, and burning -fiery- passionate living. Dragon years are never ever dull. But, we're not in the year of the Dragon yet.



The Chinese New Year is on January 23rd, which is the start of the Year of the Dragon. That leaves 23 days between the last day of the western calender and the first day of the new astrological year. 23 days of ...

A blissful void.
A quiet space to set intentions.
Tying up the loose ends of the last year.
Clearing out those things no longer wanted. 
Letting go of things that no longer serve our growth or happiness.
Preparing our selves for the coming year.
Meditation on what we've learned, and done, and created during the previous cycle.
Joyful Celebration of accomplishments
Burning out all things toxic.
Building Passionate excitement for what we might create and manifest in the year to come.

Add your own items. Things that you want to do while you're in the void before starting the Amazing, Fierce, Powerful, Year ahead. Post them to comments so that I can see how other people are using this gift of time in the void.

Are you feeling it too? That compulsion to tie up all the loose ends before starting into something new?

Tomorrow, I will be posting all about what an amazing year I had in 2012. Inspired by one of my favorite bloggers ( Dan of SDL). I'd love it if you came and read it and lent your energy to my manifestations and intentions. I'll return the favor if you blog yours. :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this Arie!! That is exactly what I have been doing. Cleansing, cleaning, letting go, feeling very positive change coming... tying up and resolving things. Come on DRAGON!! (BTW - I adore dragons too... must be all the Anne McCaffrey I've read. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks for the comment Lori! I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that its a different-seperate space than either last year or the new year.
    <3

    ReplyDelete