Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Coffee is like $100.00. ( or, sometimes I am a girl.)

So, Generally I am not very girly about things in the whole emotionally girly type of way. I don't usually do the  I expect you to read my mind and do what I want you to, and if you don't I will be upset at you and give you the silent treatment thing. This is not my usual style. I'm a fairly direct person. OK... I'm a really direct person. but every once in a great while the girl hormones get the best of me and my poor husband gets caught in the cross fire. Let me set the scene.

Its my day off. Which happens about once every 23 months. I am PMS'ing like a MOFO, which also only happens about once every 23 months. I was unreasonably tired, as in there was NO reason for me to be as tired as I was. the morning went something like this.

G Gets up a takes our oldest child to school and lets me sleep in ( Yay!)
Then G comes back to bed and starts trying to wake me up ( not yay.)
I Tell G "I'm so fucking tired. I really need coffee."
G goes and feed the middle kids breakfast and lets me stay in bed (more Yay!)
G comes back to bed and starts trying to wake me up again ( NOoooo.)
I tell G " Seriously. I'm Sooo tired. I REALLY need some coffee.. like yesterday."
G puts on show for Youngest.
G Gets tired of waiting for me to wake up and gets on his computer to play games for a bit.
I get pissed that I still don't have coffee and get up all stomp-y like and start banging around the kitchen making coffee.
I spend all morning sighing loudly and acting butt-hurt and getting mad at G for every little thing.
I have a long conversation in my head where I call G lots of names, the nicest of which is "daft", because he couldn't put together something as simple as the fact that I wanted him to start the effing coffee maker.
I find a post from my friend who compares someone bringing you coffee in bed to a non-coffee drinker having someone bring you 100.00 in bed every morning to wake you up.
I get more mad because G is depriving me of 100.00 worth of happiness in the mornings. and its not even costing him anything other than 2 minutes to turn the stupid coffee maker on.

Then I finish my coffee, that I made. And for some reason once my blood had reached a reasonable operational level of caffeine content I was able to see how insane I was being. Otherwise known as typical girl behavior.

So, I sat G down. I explained that I know he has been trained to expect that if I want him to do something I will just tell him what I want, but that when my stupid uterus hormones get the better of me I do need him to do a little thinking of his own. if I repeat 3 or 4 times in 1 hour that I'm super tired and I NEED coffee ( especially in a whiny girl voice), than its a safe bet to assume that I want him to go get me some effing coffee.
I also explained my friends 100.00 vs coffee analogy.

Yesterday morning, I got a big green cup with 100.00 worth of happiness delivered to me in bed. :) Sometimes my Husband rocks.

1 comment: