Monday, January 8, 2018

* thru the looking glass* I'm back, but I'm not the same.

I haven't posted here since 2012. Life got crazy after that point. lots of change.
Let me catch you up. 


-I attempted to get over some major betrayal, and gave my marriage the very best I could, including becoming the sole income earner for our household.

-We moved across town to a home owned by my husbands family and the kids have thrived in their new schools.

- I became really really discontent with my career and life.

- I worked thru Danielle LaPorte's "Desire Map" program.

- I got even more discontent once I figured out that nothing I was doing aligned with how I wanted to feel in my life.

-I burned the boat I needed to... Left my stable position at IHOP to go to Massage Therapy School, without a back up plan for work and still being the main bread winner for our household.

- I managed to find the best PT job possible, closer to home, and workable with school.

- I graduated via pure grit and determination.

- I bought a Massage Business from an instructor of mine before I'd even passed my boards. Running on faith at this point.

- I passed my boards.

- I worked my ass off for a year to pay off the business I'd bought and bring in new clients.

- I gained confidence in my self.

- When things started to turn to shit in my personal life I dug in harder trying to control things and make things that weren't workable work. * pro tip... this is a bad idea.

- Lots of deaths and loss and anger and bitterness and resentment and also a lot of wins and joys and growth and love.

- The kids are bigger now and more independent and all in school and turning into the coolest little people.

- There were a bunch of times I didn't trust myself that something was off with my husband... I'd invested a lot into making things work and I didn't want what I knew was true to be true.

- Eventually he stepped out one too many times and I caught him again.. this time he was " in love"... but still I tried. obviously that didn't work, so over the last year we've worked thru it and are in the final stages of the divorce process.

- We are still living in the same home, co-parenting and co-existing as best we can. We are good friends and I want to support his adventures in finding himself and what he needs to be happy. I can do this better not being married to him.

- I have learned that there's not really anything I cant handle. Everything is figure-out-able, but not always in the way you'd planned or hoped, and sometimes loving someone isn't enough.

- I have confidence in my ability to support myself and my kids no matter what. I have what it takes to make my life work beautifully even if it looks strange to other people. I am tough as nails.

- I will never be the same person as I was last month, or last year, or 6 years ago, or even yesterday... every day it about growth and learning and change.

- I have learned that I have the best friends that anyone could ever ask for. My Family is included in that.

- I've learned that being nice isn't always the best way to be, sometimes being kind is better and it doesn't always look like " Nice".

- I'm still a bitch, lowercase b.. because some things DON'T change.

2 comments:

  1. Mr LORENZO DIEGO LOAN FIRM FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {mrlorenzodiegoloanfirm@outlook.com},
    God bless you sir, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Emily Peterson and I am from Convention Centre Drive, Miami Beach, FL . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along with our discussion she told me about MR LORENZO DIEGO LOAN FIRM FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now, She advised I give it a try so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation to him, he therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $390,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 2% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 2% and better repayment schedule, please contact MR LORENZO DIEGO LOAN FIRM FINANCE email:- {mrlorenzodiegoloanfirm@outlook..com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
    An excellent blog.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete