Thursday, August 25, 2011

Why I don't mind being a bitch, and why I'm going to try blogging.

Where to start...

I recently realized that almost everyone I know has a certain opinion of me. This might bother some people, for me it was just one of those " Oh, well that explains some stuff." moments. What is this opinion? Well, its that I'm a bitch. Notice that I didnt capitalize that. Its not because I'm too lazy, or that I have a toddler climbing on me while I type ( although that IS the case). It's because I'm not a Bitch ( BIG Capital B Bitch), I'm just a little bit bitchy. Its an occupational hazard. I'm a manager, so am the bearer of bad news, or to do lists, or the " I know you don't want to do it, but its your job so you'd better do it or we're going to have to have a chat.." convo. I'm also a Mom, so I am the chore list giver, tooth brushing nazi, homework police, room cleaning enforcer, and general bad guy. I have a wide variety of interests and do a lot of reading and research on things, so I am quite opinionated and if you ask me for advice, or for my opinion, you're going to get it. And I wont sugar coat it.

I don't go out of my way to be a bitch. Its not something I have worked hard at or that I cultivate. I genuinely try to be a kind, helpful, understanding, fair person. But I am not "nice". I am not a push over. I am not a "Yes man".  This means that I have many people who respect me, many people who come to me for help, many people who want my advice, but I am not the fun person. I am not popular in a traditional sense. I am not a person with a lot of  Social friends, and I'm ok with that. But, that brings me to why I'm going to try blogging.,,

I need an outlet. I need to be able to Vent, or Cheer, or Whine, and just get things out of my head sometimes.. but since I'm the person everyone goes to when they need those things.. I cant really unload on them. Even my poor husband looks at me like I've got a screw loose when I try to talk to him about anything thats overly exciting to me, or that has me really on edge, or that I'm upset about... because my job- the thing I DO day in and day out - at work AND at home, is to keep it all together.

I'm hoping that I can use this as a tool to let loose a bit since I dont have to be the boss here. I intend to post silly things, fun things, angry things, things that are important to me, things that are just odd, things I find interesting. I will post products I love, I will post stories from my life, and yes - I will post things I need to bitch about.

Follow if you want, and if you like it you can share it...

2 comments:

  1. I'm that person, too. There's nothing so dismaying as the time you need to unload to someone and they look at you like you're on crack because you're the one who's supposed to offer your shoulder, not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like bitches. And, I like you. So...I guess I like that you're a little bitchy. :D And, I can be too, so it's all good.

    Love the blog so far... <3

    ReplyDelete